5280 FELLOWSHIP COMMITMENT
CARVE OUT TIME AND FULLY
The 5280 Fellowship is designed to fit the lives of full-time working professionals. However, the time commitment is significant. The nine-month Fellowship experience includes weekly, monthly, and quarterly rhythms. Fellows are expected to attend all Fellowship events; however, accommodations can be made in consultation with the Director.
- Read 20-30 pages from classic works and contemporary thinkers;
- Meet for two hours with a small cohort at a local church* two to three times per month; and
- Discuss the assigned reading, personal and professional development, and spiritual disciplines in cohort sessions.
Gather for a Saturday teaching session one weekend per month or a weekend retreat.
- Saturday Session
- 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. at one of the Denver metro host churches
- In-depth teaching by 5280 Fellowship staff and/or city leaders
- Longer periods of uninterrupted time for personal formation
- Overview and practice of spiritual disciplines
- Connect with other Fellows
Fellows practice spiritual disciplines designed to support their life with God through their work–e.g. different types of prayer, silence & solitude, simplicity, gratitude, etc.
Fall & Spring Semester
Fellows will attend six (out of 18) Community and Culture gatherings to interact with city leaders from across the metro area (three in the fall, three in the spring). These take place in the early evening on location at the senior leader’s place of work, allowing for a show-and-tell style of learning.
*Candidates can indicate a preferred meeting night and geographic location when applying for the Fellowship. We make every effort to accommodate applicants’ schedules.